Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hummingbirds and Butterflies

I read that there is a Chinese mantids that will attack and eat Hummingbirds. Some people think they are Praying Mantis but they are mean. They are allot larger. There is a picture of one on a hummingbird feeder in the HearldTimesOnline.com. This came from Dawn Hewitt the H-T columnist
She really knows her stuff when it comes to birds of all kind I read her articles every Sunday.

The bird and butterflies are really looking for food not much left in the way of flowers. I filled my bird feeders in case I have some visitors who are headed south. I feed all winter. They are outside my studio window gives me inspiration to paint them.
Take care until tomorrow

1 comment:

  1. Good Grief! I didn't think they could move that fast! Dang old bugs!

    ReplyDelete