Saturday, June 15, 2013

How does your Garden Grow

Green beans
 When I went to the Flower and Patio show I saw all the raised beds and thought that would be something I would like to try.    I love it the fellows used grain bin pipes  and then hooked them together  at the ends,  filled it with dirt and I have a very nice raised bed.    Bought me a soaker hose and I have had to use it   We have been promised rain but maybe .10 inch  not much.and I know northern In has gotten plenty.  I have about 10 tomatoes planted in cages aside of this raised bed.  The hardest part of a garden is starting the rototiller and going up and down the rows.  Not as strong as I used to be.
Farm report  replanted a few soybeans   Got this last cutting of hay up finished today.   Calling for rain we will see.
Take care and be safe
Second planting of green beans you see the fence panels Zeus thought it was his new play area and would run up and down  throwing  dirt in the air.  The panel slowed him down  guess I need to get him a pile of sand.

Red potatoes

Tomatoes these are in the raised bed the others are in the garden about 1/3 the size of these the soil came from Forest Commodities  Paragon off Highway 67 doing a great job

This is how they connected the ends  they won't break apart or won't rot out

1 comment:

  1. We are in the process of making raised beds, our garden seems to be getting worse every year even with amendments. I hope the raised beds will do the trick.

    ReplyDelete