Sunday, July 28, 2013

Hummers and Sunflowers

 These hummers are always on the move while I was taking the picture I was about 3 ft and they were whizzing around just was hoping they didn't run into me.
There were four of them that would grab a drink and fly away

Sunflower that has very few seeds left see below

Bee getting the pollen

love these sunflowers 2 ft tall assorted colors the birds like the seed heads



Look who is eating my sunflower seed.   Refilled the feeder but I feel they will continue because they are softer this picture was taken from inside so that is the reason for the color  as the one below.

I have several new plants that I hope will mature and produce a head so they will have more fresh seeds
The State Fair will start this week it is exciting but also a lot of work   I will have several painted gourds in the FFA bldg at their Country Store.   They have a nice Country Store if you have time to stop in and look around.
 Love this cooler weather suppose to get more rain this week
Farm report   Baling more hay got a couple of 100 square bales for the barns.  Bush hogging around fields and spraying some weeds. Pastures are still in good shape,  Indiana crops look healthy and we are getting that needed rain.
Take care and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment