Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pet Blessing

I could post a picture of my dogs but I will leave them out of this story

Lana at Walking the off- beaten path talked about Blessing the animals. I was curious about this and found a article in my local newspaper last night.

For more than 12 years, St Mary's Episcopal Church in Martinsville have been offering pet blessing the first weekend of October as part of The Feast of St Francis of Assisi. The Feast celebrates the life of St Francis, a 12th century Catholic patron saint of all creatures, big and small

We are celebrating God's love for all animals with the blessing. And we are also acknowledging to renew our commitment to our animals.

The blessing lasts forever, but it can be renewed. This is also just a reminder that we are all stewards of God's animals.

Thank to Lana for bringing this story to the Blog as most of us have creatures Big and Small.

Take care until we talk again

2 comments:

  1. Awe! Thanks! And thanks for taking the extra step and doing a bit of research. I knew the girls were studying ST. Francis of Assisi, but I didn't know what he was the Patron Saint of! Better brush up on my Saints right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of that! But it sounds interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete