Friday, February 1, 2013

Homemade suet

 This is the 3 musketeers  they are fluffed to stay warm these cold mornings  I am glad to see the sun coming  in and out better than no sun.  
I had seen some comments on face book about making suet.  So I tried and  it is not hard like making cookies but I used sunflower seeds.  Peanut butter, lard, cornmeal, flour, and sunflower seeds.   Melted the lard and peanut butter added the dry ingredients  press into a pan. I put it in the freezer. Since  it was frozen I couldn't cut it so I ended up putting the block in an old colander  I had in the basement put some wires on it pictures below.  The woodpecker was  already eating when I came inside to view and take a picture.  Hope they like it time will tell.    Some of the ways was to feed was  from your deck top but I don't have one  I thought about putting up a board to lay some on but we will try this and see how they like it. 

Tomorrow is the Purdue Fish Fry at the Indiana State Fairgrounds always a good time and a place to see friends

   It was slick last night  so many wrecks in our area closed highways to salt and sand.
 
Tomorrow is Groundhog day and we always have 6 more weeks of winter the sun will shine when he is drudge out of his hole in Penn.   The bulbs are starting to sprout out of the ground so maybe we will have some flowers to see before the 6 weeks are up.

Take care until next time.  Got some house plants blooming I will  take some pictures  
Baby its cold outside


I tilted so you could see the suet

No comments:

Post a Comment