Friday, June 8, 2012

Time Flies

 Time flies when you are having fun and living life as it comes by.  Above is my new tree  and Zeus (I am running the water and he wants to get a drink)  That replaces the large spruce tree that died and only the top was still alive.  My son offered to replace it with this shrub which is a Weigela  it has a purple flower and variegated leaves  it will work well if it survives the transplanting.   My neighbor wanted to get rid of it.

This is  the spruce tree  I have enjoyed this tree outside  my kitchen window for  25 years and the birds used it every year for their nests.  I will  miss it but  there is a time for everything.

My Grandson ask me why there were so many nails in these boards that are the side of an old crib that sits 8 feet or so from the road.  Jim's Dad told me that many years ago our road was the way to Martinsville they passed by the crib and everyone who had a notice to hang nailed it to the side of the crib.    Like advertisements  when the circus came to town.  Some of the nails have a little ring from the sign.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
  

No comments:

Post a Comment